"Beauty of style and harmony and grace and good rhythm depend on simplicity"


~Plato

Saturday, April 10, 2010

My Heart Belongs to Pottery Barn

This has been quite the trying week! Both of our computers, the washer and the shower have all decided to QUIT!!!!! And we all know that our best doesn't always come out during difficult times. But when the going gets tough, the tough head to Pottery Barn. It is one of the places I go, to walk around.... with a cup of coffee and linger....to look at all the pretty things.... it is my HAPPY PLACE!!!! So, since I was in a very bad mood (see above problems in the house) I was weak and tempted by a beautiful (on sale) Chambray duvet and shams..... so they came home with me. Which we all know that entailed changing everything. On top of all the already existing chaos in the house....I have moved and relocated half the house. So here is my new look in the bedroom, mind you not everything is back in place but it's getting there. For instance you can still see the mirror behind the picture that is going up above the bed.....MUST have that instant gratification!
However I still managed to get in a little thrifting. Here is a picture of my finds. The new nightstand, that I didn't need, but couldn't live without. Seven beakers, which lord only knows what I will do with. A really cool bushel basket! Two white busts...which will become bookends. Milk glass and a wire basket. An AWESOME tool box. A two tiered shelf to use on a buffet table. And one of my favorite finds (because it not only opens wine....but is also really beautiful) a new wine bottle opener to sit atop my butcher block.




Bushel Basket and Tool Box.

This is what I used the tool box for....an instant Bloody Mary and Mimosa Bar.
A close up of the wine bottle opener.


The nightstand in the bedroom.

1 comment:

Sixty-Fifth Avenue said...

Great finds! I can't pick a favorite, I love them all.
Londen

Related Posts with Thumbnails