"Beauty of style and harmony and grace and good rhythm depend on simplicity"


~Plato

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Lots and Lots of Shutters

There is a bonus to being married to a
contractor....besides the fact that he can
build just about anything I can dream up...
he also brings home really cool stuff!

He's brought home old mantles,
hutches, doors, windows, door knockers,
cabinets...you name it he brings it home,
because he knows how much I hate to see it
go into the landfill!

Well this week he brought home

21 green wooden shutters...


And a whole bag of these beautiful metal brackets..
I don't know why but when I look at them I think
of a barrel full of moneys...you know the game where
you connect the plastic monkeys....which leads me to
thinking they would be really cool all connected together to
form a chain from the roof to the ground...you know like
a rain chain...so when it rains the water trickles down it
instead of a gutter spout....which leads me to the thought
that we really need a rain barrell around here...which leads
me to the thought of I really need to get the garden back in order..
and yes I realize I may have a screw or two loose..
because that whole sequence happened in a matter
of seconds in my mind!

Now...let's see what I can come up with to do with all of them...

stay tuned!

1 comment:

Blockout Blinds said...

these shutters are beautiful.this blog is really amazing and provide me answers to all my questions. This is really informative and I will for sure refer my friends the same. Thanks..

Related Posts with Thumbnails