"Beauty of style and harmony and grace and good rhythm depend on simplicity"


~Plato

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

I was going to resale this....WAS being the word!

Well I was able to sneak another
piece of furniture by sweet husband...
kinda...sorta....
he just shook his head
like... here she goes again


Two weekends ago I ran by a church garage sale
and saw this beauty...and I walked away!
Because do I really need another dresser?


However I just couldn't stop thinking
about this poor dresser
being all alone and not having a home.
It was in really rough shape...so I thought...well
maybe I can clean it up, paint it and resale it....
find it a good home where it will be loved!
I mean really...it was only $20.00...so no big risk right!?


Yep...it found a home alright...
in my living room!
And i'm not even going to paint it...
I cleaned it, waxed it and polished it up...
and I love it!


Can you believe I was thinking of painting it?
So glad I didn't!!
I just need to find replacement handles..
but even without them I love this piece!



Oh....and i've put the shelves back in the dining area
and stripped the paint off the top of the table



I bet sweet husband cringes every evening
when he goes to open the front door...
he probably never knows
what he will find!




Hope you all are having a great week...

4 comments:

deborah said...

Beautiful! So glad you went back to get the dresser! And that you resisted paint! That's a tough one! I was thinking as I read your post that I could have a dresser in almost every room. So useful and pretty!
deborah
{the white chair}

Mabel, Nickel Design said...

I think your hubby's lucky to come home to such a beautiful home!

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

What a great piece!! I love how you styled it.

Stephanie said...

I love your site and pictures! I was wondering if I can pin pictures from your blog on Pinterest? Thanks. Shuttermom77 at gmail dot com

Related Posts with Thumbnails