"Beauty of style and harmony and grace and good rhythm depend on simplicity"


~Plato

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Fairy Garden

I was inspired to make a Fairy Garden!
Londen at http://sixtyfifthavenue.blogspot.com/ wrote about visiting a Fairy Garden and wanting to make one of her own, I was so inspired by her words and pictures that my daughter and I have started one too! Please go to Londen's blog and look at what a beautiful blog she has and get inspired too!
Now....keep in mind this is no where near completion, and I wasn't going to show it to you all at this stage, but my daughter came out and placed this sign on the house and I thought it was too cute not to share, even if we have a long way to go!
This is going to be another house for the fairy's....


Another view!
Yes this is really a Birdhouse but it's special to me. so I thought it would make a wonderful Fairy House. My Dad built this a while ago, one for me and one for my mother. My mother loved this house when she saw it in a magazine so my Dad copied it and made them for us. He handmade the roof shingles and everything.



I found this little house at Goodwill on Thursday for $2.99 isn't it so cute.




The Fairy Pond. I think it needs a little frog for the side, don't you.





The Fairy Round Table, because my daughter said ever Fairy needs a table to sit at.
Well of course!




We still need lots more moss to fill in all the dirt spots



Now I am on the hunt for all things miniature. She and I will be on ebay and etsy for weeks....just finding the right accessories....hopefully the fairies will like their new home and join us soon.

1 comment:

Sixty-Fifth Avenue said...

Amy,
I was just popping over for a visit and there was my name!
Your fariy garden is so cool! Love the house your dad built, the size and the pond is awesome! I read the moss groundcover grows really fast.
The fariy garden sign is the sweetest part!
Thanks for the mention.

Related Posts with Thumbnails