"Beauty of style and harmony and grace and good rhythm depend on simplicity"


~Plato

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

I would stay here forever if I could....

If you've been wondering why I haven't posted anything....it's because we are on VACATION!!!! And I think they may have to drag me home kicking and screaming. IT'S GORGEOUS HERE. We are at Sea Island, Georgia staying at The Cloister. This was definitely on my "Bucket List" of places to stay. I can't begin to tell you how awesome it is here....and so much blogging material I don't know where to begin...from the views to the architecture, the decor, and the FOOD....oh lord the food! Not sure where to begin. So I'll start with the views from our table tonight....the marsh. Maybe cause I'm a Georgia Girl by birth and it's in my blood....there is just something about the marsh...the smell, the sounds and the calmness... I Love It!

Our dinner was incredible...from the fried green tomatoes to the brownie and toffee dessert. I had the Atlantic salmon with cheese grits and candied leeks....it was wonderful! And the best part of the dinner was the great friends we shared it with....food always taste best when shared with those we love.



The lovely view off one of the balconies....



The Marsh




Those who rise and shine get the best sea shell picks.....

Can't wait to share more pictures with you....if I could just remember to take pictures of all the awesome food we are trying...but I get so excited when they put the plate in front of me...I don't remember till I'm half way done...I'll try to do better...because YUMMY we have tried some awesome things....Like,

Cesar Salad with Bacon Bits and Pickled Okra.....God I love Southern Food







No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails