"Beauty of style and harmony and grace and good rhythm depend on simplicity"


~Plato

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Our $500.00 Cantaloupe

Alright...so anyone who has ever been a beginner in starting a garden will understand this. 
TONS of work every weekend......TONS of money spent making the garden.......TONS of time spent watering the garden everyday.....TONS of time spent daydreaming about the next project in the garden.....
and now finally....my very expensive, time consuming first piece of fruit from the garden...
Sweet Husband and I both freaked out when we saw it...guess neither one of us had much confidence in this little project ( I really have a black thumb)

We both were so excited to show the kids!!!
Let's all keep our fingers crossed that nothing gets it before we can harvest it.

I'm just so excited about it I can't being to tell you....
I guess it's really about the little things in life.

3 comments:

Sixty-Fifth Avenue said...

So cool! I knew you could do it.
I get so happy when I pick the tomatoes growing in an urn.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Londen

Bring Pretty Back said...

It really is the little things!!!! Your blog is beautiful!
Have a pretty day!
Kristin

Bring Pretty Back said...

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! For the advice! That does it~ switching to grey! I got the couch for 250.00 so I do want to keep it! I am going to look up slip covers right now THANK YOU!
It is such a big thing for me because I have NEVER been able to decorate my home like I want. It has always been hand me downs and it will do.
So, this is such a big deal to me!
Have a pretty day!
Kristin

Related Posts with Thumbnails