"Beauty of style and harmony and grace and good rhythm depend on simplicity"


~Plato

Sunday, August 22, 2010

To Paint or Not To Paint????

Now that the kids are back in school I finally get to go thrifting again!
YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!!!

While at Goodwill Friday I found this beautiful dresser......it begged me to bring it home!


Now here's the problem. 
I am having major guilt over painting it.

For it to look right in my house it needs to be white. 
And it will be so beautiful painted white.

BUT

Look at how lovely the wood is


What should I do?
Get over the guilt and paint it?
Or leave it because painting it would be Oh So Wrong to cover this wood?

HELP!


This awesome cake plate came home with me too....
thank goodness the only decision I have to make with it is what to place on it!


What should I do???

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are right about this being some beautiful wood!! I wonder if, in a few years, we are going to regret hiding all those beautiful pieces of furniture under paint. I would say keep as is. I have a few none beautiful wood pieces that I have decided it will be ok to paint but I would show off this piece al la natural!

Nora said...

I have NO PROBLEM putting natural wood around my house so just send it to me! *LOL* {my crafting cave is a mix of natural wood & painted white so they CAN happily co-exist!}

Leave that lovely alone till it needs to be painted...now is not the time.
♥hugs♥

Sixty-Fifth Avenue said...

Ok, I was just checking my email and saw your comment, so I had to stop over, we do have a lot in common. Yes Paris is worth flying and risking your life! So is Maui, but I still hate it and even shed a tear when it gets bumpy.

That is a BEAUTIFUL dresser! I would be doing a happy dance if I found it. Yes, the wood is nice but the color is not that great. Like the commenter above I too like to mix wood tones and painted pieces, check out the antique dresser in my living room.
If it will fit in your house painted, I say paint it! It will look great with a bit of distressing to let that wood show through. Can't wait to see what you do.
Londen
xo

Bring Pretty Back said...

Paint it girl! I think it will be beautiful painted white! If you do - please share pic's with us!
Have a pretty day!
Kristin

Anonymous said...

I agree with Mary Ellen, I think we may regret painting so much. I've seen some real priceless antiques painted on some blogs. Of course, if you plan to keep it & enjoy it & you don't think you'd enjoy it as it is, then I'd paint. If I owned it though I wouldn't paint it.

Not much help am I. :)
Jen

Related Posts with Thumbnails