1. a particular kind, sort, or type, as with reference to form, appearance, or character
2. a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting:
3. a mode of living, as with respect to expense or display.
4. an elegant, fashionable, or luxurious mode of living: to live in style.
5. a mode of fashion, as in dress, esp. good or approved fashion; elegance; smartness.
I've been pouring over this book lately
it's a book on finding your inner French girl
and I have been trying to adapt these philosophies into
my everyday life
The words on page 75 really made me stop and think
What it takes to be poor
still live in style
Now i'm sure there are many ways in which
you could interrupt those words.
But what I read is this...
you don't need money to live well
an old thrift store linen is as
precious as any fine Irish Linen that
you may pay dearly for
my chipped teacup is more beautiful
than any prestigious bone china pattern
I may wish for...had I the money
If you can take the things in your life....
even if it's the most mundane chore in your day
and make it special and beautiful
then you really are living with style
because living well
isn't how you spend your money it's
how you choose to live your life
My New Year's Resolution this year is to
buy fresh flowers for my house every week
They make me so happy...
and I truly feel that I am living well
when they grace my table.
And honestly the eight dollars I spend on them
is wiser than the eight dollars I would have
spent on a bag of chips and some Oreos
who knows maybe I will meet my other resolution of weight loss
without even trying....all thanks to beautiful bouquets of flowers.
Are you living well and in style?