entering the homestretch in the makeover
of my son's bedroom.
It has dragged on for weeks.
My plan is to hit Ikea (YIPPEE) this weekend to purchase the baskets for his new bookcases,
the blinds for the windows, and a desk chair.
After that we only have a little bit left to do then I promise to show you the room!
In the meantime I've been looking for a desk to fit under his window....and I couldn't seem to find one that was the right size and price. Little did I know the right piece was here all the time...
it just needed a little fixing up!
Remember this nightstand I found a while back??
Well after discussing with my "client" what he would and
would not like for me to do with the desk....I came up with this
I took an Atlas and cut out the maps that he liked. Then Mod Podge'd them on to the top and front of the drawers. After that I took left over stain from the bookcase project and antiqued the maps.
Then a couple more coats of Mod Podge to seal the maps.
(and this probably isn't the proper way to do this...but I needed instant results)
I took the stain again and went over the wood to cover the nicks and scratches that the desk had from it's previous life. And surprisingly enough it worked! Now it matches the finish on the bed.
The final step was to attach wheels to the bottom, to not only raise it up to the right height,
but also so he can move it around the room.
He loves his new desk. Maybe now he won't complain about doing his homework....
I'm linking up to