"Beauty of style and harmony and grace and good rhythm depend on simplicity"


~Plato

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Garage Sale Saturday

Don't you just love a good garage sale!
Well...our fairgrounds has one every so often
and it's my favorite...because it's not just
a bunch of junk...you can find some pretty good stuff!

I can't even begin to tell you how excited I was to
find this Silver French Fireplace screen! 
This was the second time that I had run across it...
the first time I let sweet husband talk me out of buying it!
And then of course it's all I could think about for months after...
I guess it was just meant to come home with me..
because the lady still had it for sale...
can you believe no one had bought it!


These 4 prints are completely different then
anything in my house...but I thought they were
really interesting! 
This is only two of them..the other two are similar
Now if only I had a Library in my house
decorated in English Hunting design i'd be all set!
But I like them...so i'll find a spot for them...somewhere


Now this print fits in here just perfect...and I have a spot for it


And we're back to the English library look...
i'm really starting to wonder if my taste are changing again?

Anyways....I thought this leather bag was really beautiful
and had a lot of storage potential!


You just never know what will strike your
interest at a garage sale...

Happy Hunting

2 comments:

Sixty-Fifth Avenue said...

great finds as usual!! we would have a great time shopping together. are you all decked out for fall?

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Wow - you always find such interesting things! That fireplace screen is gorgeous!

Related Posts with Thumbnails