"Beauty of style and harmony and grace and good rhythm depend on simplicity"


~Plato

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Postcard Sheets...my big splurge

I am embarrassed to even admit
this...but I haven't bought new sheets
for my bed in about 13 years!
Now don't get all freaked out...
I have a very good mother-in-law
who buys us new sheets every Christmas...
beautiful white ones!

But ....
when I saw these sheets at Pottery Barn
I knew I just had to get them...
even though it was a big splurge
for me...I couldn't help it!

 I am totally in LOVE with them...

I was practically stalking the UPS
man waiting for him to get here
with them


I can't say sweet husband loves them as much as I do
...they are a bit girly for him...
but it's only for Christmas...and maybe
January and February...just don't tell him that


I changed out the black and white curtains
and lamps for white and neutral colors.


Now I can't wait to put up the bedroom Christmas tree..


However, I guess I really should iron the curtains...
I was just too impatient last night
to get the room put back together.



I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
And no matter what sheets you are sleeping under
you remember to count your blessings at night!

"Not what we say about our blessings,
but how we use them, is the true
measure of our Thanksgiving"
~W.T Purkiser

3 comments:

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Fresh new sheets! How divine! We are in dire need and actually talked about giving good sheets to each other for Christmas. That's how much we love nice sheets, so I am happy for you on your nice new set!! Enjoy :)
and Happy Thanksgiving!!

Alda said...

Amy, you have that special heart not all people have it, my Mom had it, she could see beauty in everything. I love looking at your blog it remines me of my childhood & how mom took tigs from the yard & made something beautiful out of them. Your special as she was. Never grow up Amy always see beauty and you will never grow old. Love you Ms Diane

Alda said...

Amy, you have that special heart not all people have it, my Mom had it, she could see beauty in everything. I love looking at your blog it remines me of my childhood & how mom took tigs from the yard & made something beautiful out of them. Your special as she was. Never grow up Amy always see beauty and you will never grow old. Love you Ms Diane

Related Posts with Thumbnails