"Beauty of style and harmony and grace and good rhythm depend on simplicity"


~Plato

Monday, August 27, 2012

All the pretty horses

I don't know when or how
but i've fallen head over heels in
love with Horse Pictures!

I've never even been on a horse...
matter of fact one of my best friends has
a ranch and i'm even slightly afraid
to feed carrots to the horses...
But you put them on a canvas or in a frame
and i'm in LOVE

This is the newest lovely fellow to grace our
home...my girlfriend Sondra spied him
and he had to come home with us!


I just love the neutral colors in the print
...and he looks so serene!




These guys are in our master bedroom...
i'm trying to create a wall of horse pictures.


When we went to Charleston this summer
the girls and I had drinks at
The Thoroughbred Club inside
Charleston Place and they
have this fabulous wall of Horse Art

www.bookings.com
 
These are pictures I found online...
not the best but you can see what
i'm talking about..
Great Hotel and Bar by the way
if you're ever in the area!



Here are a few other examples of
using horse art in decoration

I wouldn't mind if this handsome guy
came home with me...

 www.ballarddesigns.com


 www.ballarddesigns.com


Love this guy in the windowsill...
we actually found one similar in Charleston
he is sitting in my house right now..
but I can't seem to get a good picture.
Maybe one day when we aren't being
pelted by a tropical storm...

 www.kellyharmondesigns.com

 www.apartmenttherapy.com


And my favorite.....
LOVE this picture by
Heather Bullard
I just love everything
about it!


Hope everyone is enjoying their Monday!


p.s
If you are in the line of Tropical Storm Isaac...
please stay safe and be cautious.
We are on day 2 and this storm is
huge and dumping lots of rain!

3 comments:

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

Ever since I saw that horse picture on Heather Bullard's blog I've been in love with horse picture's too! It is such a gorgeous photo I just want to move in!! But you want to know what horse picture I'm loving even more? The one in your bedroom on the left. The white one with the black trim. Please...pretty please tell me where you found it. :)
On another note I've been thinking of featureing some of my favorite blogs and doing a little home tour. You wouldn't have to take any new pictures. I would just use ones on your blog. Are you interested?

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

I just discovered your beautiful blog! This is such a great post! I went back and read some of the others; and I am a happy new follower. I hope you will follow me, too! Blessings to you!

Shane said...

nice gallery! that is a perfect shot for horses though.. see some horse photos here, might as well you get interested..

Related Posts with Thumbnails