"Beauty of style and harmony and grace and good rhythm depend on simplicity"


~Plato

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Treasure Box

A very good friend of mine
asked me to make
a treasure box for
the children who come into
the Doctor's office where
she works....

I had so much fun working on it
maybe I should make more
and see just how creative I can get
there are so many different ways
to embellish treasure boxes

Here is the finished product...



Who can guess how I made the "beach"?


The lock is made from an old dresser handle that sweet husband
reworked to fit a key.


The deep blue sea.....with jewels scattered on the bottom



Thanks Debbie for the honor of allowing me to make this
and the faith you had in me!

2 comments:

Crazy mom said...

I love this! I wish I was still a teacher it would have been a great treasure box for my class. Actually, a larger one (say toybox size) would be great in a childs room if they had an ocean theme room :) !! Great job you are so creative!!!

Sixty-Fifth Avenue said...

You and your husband are such a great team! So very cute...what did you use for the beach?

I know you have cute chalkboards...stop over and link up to my first linky party.
xo

Related Posts with Thumbnails