"Beauty of style and harmony and grace and good rhythm depend on simplicity"


~Plato

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

A return to white and simplicity

I am on a
quest....

I need a return to an
all neutral...almost completely white
serene..quite
elegant
simplicity.

Is that even a phrase?

ELEGANT SIMPLICITY

a place where everything is in order
the silver is out...maybe slightly tarnished and
the flowers are in the vase...not perfect but pretty
soft music in the background and candles glowing
the dinner may be takeout
 but it's a dinner shared with my family

I need a space where I can
clear my mind...my heart...and my soul



with warm matelasse blankets are at the ready in old french baskets



 old gravy boats are lined up in a row....chips...cracks and all


throw in a few feminine touches


 some candles


 texture



and lots of organization



 a place where I can breathe




i'm even trying to take some of my own advice that I give to others...
see those empty shelves
I tell friends if something is bugging you in your house
take it away
live with the space for a bit...
until you find the right pieces
Or maybe....
sometimes you just might not need to
fill a space at all.



 I hope that with the start of this new year...
there will be peace and serenity
in your home and hearts as well as ours.

It may take a little bit of work
but I think we can get there!


P.S. 
Thank you to all our friends and family
for the kind words, cards, flowers, 
support and love.
Lily was our faithful puppy for 13 years
and she will truly be missed.

God Bless you all
and
Happy New Year

2 comments:

Sixty-Fifth Avenue said...

You are inspiring! Looking forward to seeing what you do with your dining room, it's so pretty!
So sorry to hear about your puppy.

Tricia said...

Love your home and your dining room is fabulous! Coming to you via Londen's blog and happy to have found you. Sorry to hear about your sweet pooch.
Happy 2011.
T

Related Posts with Thumbnails