"Beauty of style and harmony and grace and good rhythm depend on simplicity"


~Plato

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Christmas Pillows

My Christmas OCD
has kicked into full swing.

Therefore.....
I decided yesterday that I needed more
pillows to add to the couch and chairs.

I took a yard of vintage ticking
and an old french grain sack that I had....

YEAH WHATEVER...
maybe in my mind that's what I used

But reality was
it was a washed drop cloth from Home Depot
and a yard of ticking on sale from JoAnn's Fabric.

It was super easy to do and they turned out cute.


These are very similar to the Pottery Barn ones...minus the red thread around the border.



For the back pillow I used chair webbing....kinda like PB too. 
Perhaps I like Pottery Barn??
As you can see on the BELIEVE pillow
 I didn't let perfection stand in my way.
Nope, it is stamped all sorts of crooked...oh well
Hey Londen...I found the acorns...Yippee



I promise that it only took me an hour or two to make them
and that's figuring in a little goofing around time too.

I didn't even measure
I just cut and sewed
stamped and stuffed!


And thanks to brainstorming with
my partner in crime
she came up with the perfect idea for
 the middle of the front door

Cardboard and lots of glitter





Cute and FREE...perfect!

Have a wonderful Tuesday

4 comments:

Sixty-Fifth Avenue said...

Oh, to be able to sew...I really should learn next year. They turned out so cute!
So funny Amy, I was thinking those acorns were sitting there for me to see, then I saw my name, I had to laugh!! ;) They are gorgeous, glad you found them! I have a thing for PB too btw.

Sixty-Fifth Avenue said...

I almost forgot to tell you the glittered letter is perfect, I knew you would find something.

KLM said...

Those pillows are adorable! Not to overly 'in your face Christmas', but just right for the holiday season! :)

Erin said...

these are great! i'd love to make some too! how did you do the letters? stamps with fabric paint? stencils? does the chair webbing come with those dashes on it? they look great! thanks so much - emdubroc@gmail.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails