"Beauty of style and harmony and grace and good rhythm depend on simplicity"


~Plato

Friday, November 5, 2010

Pottery Barn Inspired Boys Room

Today I was browsing around Pottery Barn Kids
and I overheard this women talking to the checkout lady
and she was saying how she was redoing her son's room
with the Madras Bedspread and did they think red
would be an okay accent for the room.

So I of course intruded into her conversation
and told her how I did my son's room very
similar.
And it made me realize I never showed you
guys the room when I was finished....well sort of
finished...because it's never really done is it?!


Remember we let him pick out the wall color...
and while it's not what I would have
choosen it turned out just fine.

I found the bed at JC Penney online.  It's very similar to the PBKids
Thomas bed....but MUCH MUCH cheaper. 
And it's been a great bed so far....very well made!

Please excuse the mess up under the bed...
I haven't bought the baskets for under there yet.



Sweet husband made the bookcases...
didn't he do an awesome job.
The dresser is a thrift find that I painted navy and
changed the hardware.


The locker that is STILL sitting in front of the window,
I just can't seem to find a spot for it because it's so huge!



We painted a chalkboard on the wall when you walk
 into his room and then trimmed it out.



The jersey that he really wanted framed...he loves it.

So to the lady from Pottery Barn Kids if you are reading this
thanks for not thinking that I was a total fruit loop for
barging into your conversation.
I know your son's room will turn out
just perfect!!!!


I'm linking up to
Please stop on over!!!

3 comments:

Sixty-Fifth Avenue said...

Loving his room! And the bookshelves your sweet hubby made are amazing!! Love the little desk at the end of the bed too.

Sew Much Ado said...

What a great room!

I hope you'll enter some of your projects in the Copycat Challenge that I'm hosting, there's lots of great prizes :). You can go to sewmuchado.blogspot.com for all the details!

cindy said...

What an awesome boys room! That is the color I was working with when we started my son's room, but I've already painted over it. He didn't like the green.

I love all the mix of textures, yet the room feels unified. Better than PB :) Thanks for sharing at my linky!

Related Posts with Thumbnails